Saturday, December 3, 2016

Wits End, a Dental Dilemma




Touch of Heaven
Story by: Ragamuffin_John
Christian Writers




  When I was about 20, I worked in a US Military Hospital in Europe as a hospital clerk.  It proved useful that the lay pastor of the church I attended also worked there.  I'll call him "Bill".  Anyway, I was in the dental side of the hospital and had already endured two hours as a dental patient.  The dentist was at his wits end about how to get the remainder of an impacted wisdom tooth out of my mouth.  Perhaps it was an old procedure back then, but the only way to get the tooth out was to drill, crack and remove a bit at a time.  I was profusely bleeding.   The dentist was not a believer, but he had a great idea.  He asked for Bill to come to our room, and then he asked Bill to pray for a successful extraction.  Bill prayed and the dentist immediately extracted the remainder of the tooth.  It was a holy moment.  Everyone was too stunned to comment.  But, the Lord Jesus got the glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment